Geneva County - EM71fb
The purpose of this station is to have FUN in CW, PH and RY contests. I am NO super op by any means and especially not on CW, but I am sure that I can have some FUN with this station.
DXing is secondary source of fun!
Rag chewing is always a possibility!
Computer/Interface: Running a Win7/32 computer as the main station system. Added a Rosewill RC-305e (PCI-Express) 4-port Comm Card. This gave a number of serial ports for Com1, Com2, Com3, Com4 and Com5. Here is the rundown:
- Com1 is included on the computer main board. W3YY FSK/CW/PTT Interface for the FT2000D, MMTTY for decode.
- Com2 Another W3YY FSK/CW interface for the FT1000D. Built another--but did have a bit of trouble with it working with the FT-1000D. See this link for more information: PTT/CW/FSK Transistor Interface. Use MMTTY for the RTTY decoding.
- Com3 rig control for the FT2000D, a direct connection between the radio and the computer.
- Com4 rig control for the FT1000D via a homebrewed RS-232 interface.
- Com5 not used at this time.
- I also have a WKUSB Keyer that I am planning on using with this setup, so that I can switch the CW keying between each radio. Although I am NOT a SO2R CW op. I barely can handle one radio in CW...hi..
- Acquired a DX Doubler in a trade recently, so will try to get that up and running as well.
- Will be adding audio break out box and switching in the future.
Secondary Computer: Added another computer for the VHF station and to run some of the other products. More information will be forthcoming about this setup.
- Use Writelog as my contest logger. I have been using it since 1995. I have tried other loggers and there are several very good quality packages out there, but I keep coming back to Writelog, old habits are hard to break!
- Yaesu FT-2000D
- Yaesu FT-1000D
- Kenwood TR-751A for 2m.
- Yaesu FT-2000D for 6m.
- Ten Tec Centurion
- Drake L4B (This is a future project)
Tower 1: 70' Rohn 25
- Cushcraft 104CD at 78' (rotatable) and a homebrew 4L10m (built the same as the Cushcarft) at 39' fixed to Europe. Have both of these stacked with a Array Solutions Stack Match.
- Also a Hy-Gain 155CA @ 71'
Tower 2: 107' Rohn 45
- Picture above is the Cushcraft 40-2D @ 118' and the Hy-Gain 204BA @ 108'
- Have another Hy-Gain 204BA that is fixed at 64'. Just need to put the Array Solutions Stack Match in and run the coax.
- Have installed an 80m Inverted Vee at 100'.
- A 30m delta loop one of these days.
- Tower 3: 42' Alumminum
- Homebrew 5L 6m beam @ 48' thanks to Tom/K4ZGB.